Here at Interact, we believe that industry events like ours are the outward facing view of our industry, and as such it is our responsibility to make efforts to ensure our event reflects not only the diversity that exists within the industry, but also the world we live in too.
We are committed to supporting diversity in speakers, conference attendees, and the wider UX and design community regardless of ability, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religious views (or lack thereof), and socio-economic status.
To increase diversity at Interact, we’re offering 16 scholarships to people from underrepresented groups who wouldn’t otherwise be able to attend and those from low-income backgrounds.
This includes (but is not limited to):
- People of colour.
- People with disabilities.
- People who identify as LGBTQIA+.
- New graduates beginning their careers.
- Full-time students.
- People who work for nonprofit/educational/government institutions with limited funds.
- People who are 55 years old or older.
- People who are currently unemployed.
- People experiencing financial hardship.
If you believe you are a member of a group underrepresented within the digital design community or at design conferences, we encourage you to apply. Interact Diversity tickets include free admission to the conference on 12th October at Museum of London. Diversity ticket recipients attend the event like other event attendees and will not be identified publicly as a diversity ticket recipient. Anonymity of all applicants will be preserved in the evaluation process.
- You are at least 18 years of age.
- You agree to follow our Code of Conduct.
- You are a member of a group underrepresented in the design community or from a low-income background and financially unable to attend.
- You can attend Interact London on 12th October.
- If employed, your employer will not cover the cost of your conference attendance.
16 scholarships are available (13% of our available tickets). These tickets cannot be sold and are non-transferable. If your organisation would like to help us to advance diversity in design and tech through becoming a sponsor, email us at email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed by Nomensa’s Diversity & Inclusion working group.
Applications for the Interact London 2023 Diversity Scholarship are now open.